“God’s Dynamite!”, a sermon from Luke chapter 24 verses 36-49.
“And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you:but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.” Luke 24:49 KJV
The word power comes from the Greek work “dynamis” — δύναμις (Strongs g1411).
- force (literally or figuratively)
- miraculous power (usually by implication, a miracle itself)
- strength power
- inherent power
- power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth
- power for performing miracles
- moral power and excellence of soul
- the power and influence which belong to riches and wealth
- power and resources arising from numbers
- power consisting in or resting upon armies, forces, hosts
- What is it?
- How is it used?
- What is it used for?
This sermon was preached by Don Farmer, Jr, pastor of Long Point Missionary Baptist Church of Spencer’s Curve, McDowell County, West Virginia. It was preached in August, 1985, at the Mountaineer Baptist Campmeeting at Maranatha Baptist Church in Princeton, Mercer County, West Virginia.
Find out more by listening to the sermon here.