Leaders and Followers
1 Peter 5:1-9
1. The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2. Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3. Neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being examples to the flock.
4. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
5. Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
6. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9. Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
Elders that are strong in the faith and have suffered the the things of this world are examples to the new generation of Christians. The elders teach us what we should be doing for Christ. Not because they feel obligated, but because they are willing.
New Christians are as babes feeding on the milk of the Word, and they need leadership to grow into mature Christians.
Young Christians, submit yourselves to the teachings of the elder generation. Learn from their mistakes. Humble yourselves to their teachings.
Satan does not rest. He thrives on our weaknesses in the flesh.
God has a plan in your life. Read His word and Pray. He will reveal His plan for you when you are ready.