Spreading the Gospel with Power and Willingness
1 Corinthians 9:13-18
13. Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?
14. Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
15. But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
16. For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
17. For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
18. What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
When I started reading this scripture, I was thinking, “How often do Christians really want to serve the Lord God Almighty?”
We have been given a job to do as born again Christians. While we are not made to take up the cross and preach the gospel, we should want to take up our cross and preach the Word of God to as many as will listen.
If you are a born again Christian, the desire of your heart should be to lead people to the understanding of Christ. We should want to be in the power of the Holy Spirit and do the things God has asked us to do. For me, it’s the love of glorifying His name through singing, and telling people about the Lord Jesus Christ.
I’m not perfect. There have been many times that I have been discouraged, but I cannot quit. Jesus did not quit on us and we cannot quit on Him.